There are various, vital fluids that keep your vehicle running smoothly and safely, so whether you’re performing routine maintenance on your vehicle or simply giving it a little check-up, it’s important to always evaluate fluid levels.
Here is a short guide of fluids you should check in your car, to get you started:
- Engine oil both lubricates the vehicle’s engine and absorbs heat, allowing other mechanical parts to run smoothly. You should check it about once a month.
- Transmission fluid performs similarly to engine oil by lubricating the parts in the transmission. It should never be low, and it should be checked monthly.
- Coolant, or antifreeze, keeps your vehicle from overheating and should be checked twice a year—once before summer and once before winter.
- Brake fluid is used to enact pressure on your brakes and should be checked monthly.
- Power steering fluid enables your steering wheel to function smoothly and should be checked monthly or whenever your steering feels “off.”
- Windshield wiper fluid, of course, helps you clean off your windshield and should be checked more or less often depending on how much of it you use.
For more safety and service tips, visit us anytime at Schlossmann Subaru.